Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Brothers




Before Spencer arrived I pretty much thought of every worse case scenario when it came to Ben and this baby. Lots of people of more than one child, I know I am not the only one that has a 21/2 year old and an infant so babies must be resilient right? Ben isn't exactly gentle with the cat though so I was worried. But Ben has surprised me, he is a terrific big brother. If Spencer makes even the tiniest noise Ben has to go check to make sure he is okay. He always makes sure Spencer has his binky. But most of all he loves to cuddle up next to Spencer on the floor. Someday I am sure Spencer will drive him crazy and Ben will probably tie him to a tree but today Ben told me Spencer was his best friend.

3 comments:

Janice said...

congrats cheryl! it's amazing how siblings will warm up to the younger ones when they finally arrive. i have to admit i have been shocked with the reactions of my children to the new ones at times too. so glad things are going well so far and I hope that they both stay "best friends" for a long time to come.

Rachel Chick said...

I can't wait to meet little Spencer! We need to have you guys come over so we can all meet the new additions! --- We hadn't had Violet yet when we came, right?? Oh my goodness. My brain is totally fried and I really can't remember! LOL! Motherhood makes me retarded. But hey, I can't even remember my children's names, don't feel bad about me not remember the chronological order of events! We need to get together. Enough said. :)

Chelle Ellsworth said...

What cute boys you have. I can't wait to see them in a couple weeks.