On the drive I decided it was probably best that we took the kids for the week since up until that point my neice had only visited the number of states that I have lived in and I haven't lived in that many places.
Tuesday we woke up (too early for Jason and too late for me) and headed straight for Yellowstone. We attempted to see as much as possible of Yellowstone in one day which is a difficult task. The wildlife wasn't great this trip but we did see the bald eagle that nests next to the road as you drive in the west entrence
We did the large loop around the park stopping to see Old Faithful erupt, wade in the lake, look at mud pots and the Grand Canyon.
Wednesday and Thursday it was just me with the kids. We played at the sand dunes and the river. Friday we met up with Jason to help with Relay for Life. That was probably the highlight of the kids trip since they were not only given permission but encouraged to stay up all night. Friday night about 10 there was a fireworks display, poor Ben was so tired he fell asleep during the fireworks. The little stinker usually won't sleep through anything!
5 comments:
I'm tired just reading that trip. But how fun that you can just juant over to Yellowstone.
Did Mr. Paul ever make you write a paper about what the best age to be is? He failed most of the class when they put 21...but my point here is, I'm sure no one put 13...
Is Ben getting cuter every day? When will he be done getting teeth so we can be friends again?
And just think, someday Ben will be 13!
and just think someday you'll look like you're older than 13....oh that was mean sorry Cheryl.
Congrats to whoever remembered the right address! :) just rachelchick at gmail - hooray! (by the way, Jason, you forgot your cookies under the couch --- sadly when I opened up the container, they all disappeared! weirdest thing I ever saw! one minute they were there, the next thing I knew, they had all vanished . . . you probably shouldn't leave cookies here again! :) LOL!) I just have to tell you that you have SUCH a CUTE little boy! he is adorable! I love seeing all the cute little pictures of him and it was so nice to see you all yesterday! life seems to be picking up more of a schedule and rhythm that has really been lacking these past few years, so it should be much easier to get together more often. Thanks again for coming to hang out with us, it was GREAT!!!!
Our blog address is thechickmagnets.blogspot.com
Talk to you again soon!
Post a Comment